Last June I got that camera ~ Nikon D60 ~ love it ~absolutely love it! Do I know how to use it, kinda...do I know what all the dials do, kinda...do I know what all the buttons do, nope...do I still love it, you~betcha... It takes some of the most beautiful pictures that I have seen. I love the way it feels when I hold it...I love the way it looks in my hands...I love the way it looks when it is sitting on the counter just waiting to be picked up and put to work...yup, I love my new camera...
When we were in Florida, at Universal Studios, I was on my way to get a picture of the biggest Grover ever...I dropped my Nikon D60...I was horrified...I prayed...and I hoped...but nope the smash to the pavement was too much for it...with every picture I tried to take, they just got darker and darker...
After checking with a camera shop in Stuart Florida and talking with Nikon Support, when I got home I was to be in touch with the retailer that I got it from...So to the phone I went and dialed up Customer Support @ Henry's Cameras in Toronto, Ontario (http://www.henrys.com/). Sent the camera in to them with a copy of the purchase receipt and a letter stating what had happened, that was, yes, 100% honest. I could see on the camera where it had hit the pavement, it was obvious that it was dropped...
Well, here we are about a month later, from when I shipped the camera back to them...I got a call two weeks ago from the support dept. @ Henry's, wondering about the purchase date and about what happened...we talked, she found the papers I had sent with the camera...Nikon (http://www.nikon.ca/) had told her that repairs would be about $250. CDN...ouch...but she said she thought Nikon was going to cover it with my warranty...she was going to call them and then get right back to me...she did...they were covering it...I didn't have to pay...only for shipping it out there...Nikon would be sending it back to Henry's...they would send it back to me...no cost...covered under warranty...
I am so impressed with both Nikon and Henry's! They have been good to us and we would recommend both to anyone that's asking!!!
February 3 - Project 365 - Did I Mention I Love My Camera?!...
Nikon sent me an email just yesterday, wondering if I was pleased with the service, and I said oh ya...very much so...at the bottom of the email was an amazing picture of New York City...I wish I could take credit, but it is all Nikon, all Nikon...

ThankYou Nikon & Henry's!!
~~time is precious ~ waste it wisely~~







Ha Ha! Why are you making that face when you are taking the picture?
ReplyDelete