Sunday, January 25, 2009

2008 becomes part of 2009...

Over the years as parents we all make plans for our children, for ourselves and for us as family. Some of our plans were fulfilled in the few short years we had with our girls, and some of them were never meant to be. We had always planned that we would go to Disney World after Angela graduated. They would be young responsible adults and they would be able to make memories of the time we would have spent there. We wouldn't have had to tie leashes on them, and they would have enjoyed trying to get us to go on all the rides, and eat all the junk we could...Bruce would have been the rider and I would have been the junk food eater!

Since we lost our girls on May 11, 2004, at the ages of 15 & 17 we were never able to fulfill the dream of a family trip to Disney World. Nor many of the other dreams we have for our children like graduations, convocation, marriages, grandchildren and so much more. Well, this is the way that our life has gone and so part of what we have to do is to move ahead and carry on. So....

Last spring Bruce's little brother, Neal, re-married and moved to Florida, and it just so happens that Florida is where Disney World is! Go Figure!! With lots of figuring and conniving I was able to convince Bruce, Bert (his dad), and Susan (Bruce's sister), that the four of us should go to Florida and visit Neal & Kerri and while there we could go to Disney World...and we did.

We left Saskatoon airport on Dec. 2,2008 and landed in Orlando that evening...caught the Disney's Magic Express bus out to Disney World and stay there till the 12th of Dec. We spent time at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios & Downtown Disney...the guys didn't like Downtown Disney, can't figure out why, Su & I loved it! Shopping-Shopping-Shopping, it was great!! We also took a day to go to Universal Studios which turned out to be a day and a half, I forgot our tickets in our room at Disney World, so we spent some time at City Walk while we waited for 3:oopm and our bus to arrive. (duh) Then a day for Seaworld, so we saw lots of stuff while we were there. And it was very wonderful, I would go back in a minute, but I don't think my fellow travellers will join me next time...

When we left Disney we headed south to Stuart Florida to visit and just veg-out for a few days with Neal & Kerri. Wow, I could seriously live there for the winter months. While we were there the temp. was in the mid 70's to mid 80's F, and here at home the day after we left it dipped down to -30 C and stayed there until just a week or so ago.

We went to a couple cool restaurants, yummy foods! Finz was one and the other I don't know the name, but it was kinda like a deli and then a restaurant too...ummm good food! Also went to an Ihop, to some that may not be a big deal, but we have never seen an Ihop so we wanted to check it out. Very much like Smitty's, Country Kitchen, Humpty's, Denny's, etc.

Got to go to TARGET! Yay! So exciting! Since I spend alot of time following the scrappin' world and taking online classes with BigPictureScrapbooking I here alot about all the wonderful things you can get at Target...so I went...I shopped...I had to go to TJ Maxx the next day to buy another suitcase so I could bring everything home...yikes...shopaholic...yup.

Ok, so I gotta shutter down here cause it is bed time, but I have much more to share and also want to let you know why I have just typed all of this...yes really there is a reason!! K, nite-nite...sweet dreams...love & hugs...

~~time is precious~waste it wisely~~

No comments:

Post a Comment