Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2008 becomes part of 2009 Con't...

Now to continue with my thoughts from the other day...

We as a couple have had to learn about each other again, as parents we kinda lost us as a couple and spent way more time in the role of mom and dad. Finding yourselves in the blink of an eye after 17 years just wasn't doable for us. We have spent the last four and a half years trying to regroup, refocus, relearn, find a new normal, cope with and learn that we have to move on, easier said than done. One day at a time and leaning heavily of the Lord.

So, we went to Disney World, had a great time, went to Stuart, had a great time, came home to minus 30 C temperatures and when we arrived in Saskatoon Airport, I was still wearing shorts! I didn't have time to change when we got to Minneapolis/StPaul, we had to run to catch our connecting flight...so yup I walked back into Canada of December 16, 2008 wearing shorts and a tank top...good thing I have had my own internal personal summer going for a few years! lol!

Ok, obviously I did not post any photos from our trip cause that was in '08 and I didn't have a blog then...I decided of January 11, 2009 that I was going to give this Project 365 a try, so I started this blog, started taking pictures, started to do some posting, and have done some playing around with it to get it to look like I wanted it to. But I still want to share some of our trip pictures...and I am gonna do that now. I am going to post enough pics to make up for the days that I missed and then through out the year if I miss a day or two maybe I'll just post more from Disney...ok, here we go...


January 1 - Project 365 - World Showcase Fireworks...



These fireworks were set off up over the water way that is in the middle of the World Showcase at the Epcot at Disney World. They were amazing, but I couldn't get to a good place for taking pictures so I only have a few that turned out like this one.


January 2 - Project 365 - Fashion on the Farm...

Our great-niece Kaitlyn phones one Saturday in a fairly excited state, "Auntie you have come to town right now and you have to bring Peanut!" So after much coaxing on her part I said we would be on our way. Off we go, me & Peanut, into Kaitlyn's and she has a great surprise for Peanut. She, Katie, was so excited she could hardly contain herself.
"Auntie we were at a craft fair, and a lady was selling puppy clothes, and we had to get one for Peanut, and this is the one we got, and and and I picked it out, and so try it on her...." Whew...she was playing me out just talking. Well, we put it on Peanut and it was too big for her, so I was informed by Katie that the woman was still there and that I could trade it for another if I needed to. So off we went back to the craft fair, found Marilyn's table and traded for a smaller size, I had Peanut with me so we were able to try it on right there. And then of course I had to have a fashion show when we got home and here she is!!!




January 3 - Project 365 - Cinderalla's Castle - Magic Kingdom - Disney World

Today is Jennifer's, our oldest, birthday...she would have been 22 years old today. If things had gone according to her plans she would have been in her fourth year of Education, mastering in English and Math...I think. She would be living in Regina, and Angela our youngest would be there with her, in her second year of Education, mastering in Math and Phys Ed. While we were in Florida alot of the photos I took - I took with our girls in mind and this is one of them...

Every little girls dream...this picture is for Jennifer...love you baby xoxo




January 4 - Project 365 - Waterfalls @ Epcot...



Bert, Bruce, Me and Susan at the Epcot, what alot to see and we didn't get it all covered, so I say we have to go back!!


January 5 - Project 365 - For Katie...love you bunches...



I met Dora just outside the gates at Universal Studios, so I was able to get a picture with her. Katie loves Dora, and I told her if I saw Dora that I would get a picture with her and in this shot she is waving at Katie!!


January 6 - Project 365 - Ocean Edge Meanderings...



Sometimes if you just click you get the one...I love this pic of my father-in-law, Bert, at the ocean's edge. Here we are at Stuart, Florida and the water was amazing, and the sea-shells in abundance...I could have just camped out right here...love the water, the smell, the sounds, the breeze, the waves, the sea-shells, the sand and mostly all of these combined into one of the most beautiful views that God has provided for us to gaze upon...love it.


~~time is precious ~ waste it wisely~~

No comments:

Post a Comment