April 7, 2009 - for what ever reason I decided to cruise the net to see if I could find the FlyLady...and I did...it has been quite the journey ever since...and an amazing journey at that...
I dislike housekeeping very much. I can't get motivated lately. Let alone motivated for housekeeping...not to much. So I remembered something about FlyLady on the message board at www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com where I take online scrappin' classes. I googled FlyLady and there she was... www.flylady.net ...you gotta check her site out if you haven't yet.
I, that very evening applied the first step into "kickin' the clutter and chaos outta my life!". I went to my kitchen and shined my kitchen sink...and things have completely turned around since then...
~I have shined my sink every nite since April 7
~I have purged much - 10 green garbage bags of clothes from dh & mine closets - off to independent living with them
~Several boxes for Value Village (what many what think were garage sale supreme)
~I have had "Purple Puddles" "5 minute Room Rescues" "in 15 mins I can do anything"
"27-Fling Boogies" "Dress to my shoes most days" "Made my bed every morning" "Swish & Swiped the bathrooms numerous times" "and oodles more"
~I cleaned of my dresser, nite table, moved things and vacuummed under and around everything (cat hair gets in some amazing secret places!)
~Cleaned, Dusted, and tidied the Living Room, Dining Room and Kitchen on a number of occassions
~I mopped floors, washed windows, done laundry and put everything away...it has been unreal
~cleaned cupboards, drawers, closets, purged purged and then purged some more...
I have a very long way to go ~ but does it ever feel good to be able to say, "Come on in for a cup of coffee!" unbelievable...
I have also been to Regina for an overnite ~ celebration of Lorrie's & Warren's 50th birthdays, my birthday and Bruce & I, our anniversary of 27 years...
Down to Melfort area to help Val with some computer issues a couple times...in to PA to Tanya's a few times and helped her kids, Kirk, Jodie and Lana to "While you were out" her scrapbooking room...it turned out amazing...the kids did an awesome job...thanks for going for it you guys...and I don't know what else...oh, took dad with and went to the hardware store in Hague...wow...it is awesome...everything you want to buy and more...but not like a Walmart or Target...more like the country-hardware where you have a little of everything and packed in to the rafters...awesome awesome place...also to Prairie Chicks for a little fabric for the lastest quilt creation...
I haven't hardly touched my camera till today and all I have done are pics of Peanut and Fluffs...I'll have to get some posted though of the quilts and of the latest pictures that have been hung in the living room...yup...we finally got some more up...yay!
K, also during this time my doctor sent me to an internal medicine dr. to deal with my overheat issue which is not the horrid around 50yr old female thing...but is more related to my food intake...love meat, potatoes and anything sweet...so...lo to no carb and no sugar food intake and see how I do was the outcome...also...the internist changed my anti-depressents...they were working for the anxiety but not the depression...
The heat thing - if you put too much wood in the belly of a wood-furnace and the chimney can't handle the heat - then the furnace overheats - that is what has been happening to my body for 7 years...too many carbs too much sugar and my body had to work double/triple/quadruple time to burn it off...I overheated...I have changed my food intake...it has definitely made a difference...halleluia and thankyou God for leading me to Dr Amazing...
I feel so much better-I have motivation to do things-I don't sleep till noon-when I am up I feel like being busy-and I don't have afternoon naps hardly at all! Yay!
K, now with all that being said, it is time to head off to bed...lots to do tomorrow and then Saturday...National Scrapbook Day!!! Wahoo!!! A day with my friends!! I am even excited about it!! Yay! It feels good to feel good!
Nitey-Nite Ya'll! I will get on it and get some pics posted soon...
love & hugs
~~time is precious~waste it wisely~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment